JOB TITLE: MANAGER, SIGNATURE EVENTS
DEPARTMENT: MEMBER DEVELOPMENT AND EVENTS
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT, MEMBER DEVELOPMENT
WAGE CATEGORY: EXEMPT
The Manager of Signature Events will lead us to reimagine how to best reach Vegas Chamber members through exciting and informative in-person, virtual and hybrid Signature Events for the business community at large. The Manager works at a strategic level to create and maintain relationships within existing Signature Event sponsors, manages the Signature Events budget, and fulfills sponsorship benefits. The Manager also coordinates with internal teams to develop strategies that improve the efficiency and accuracy of Signature Event planning and execution. This position actively supports and participates in all other Vegas Chamber programs/events and is always working towards elevating our members’ experiences. Signature Events at the Vegas Chamber include, but not limited to: Preview, Installation, MAC Night Out, CSE Annual Awards, Business Excellence Awards and Business Expo.
- Develops event and programming strategies, with a focus on Signature Events.
- Assists internal team to fulfill sponsorships as assigned.
- Works with VP of Membership and internal team to evaluate existing processes and recommends, creates, develops, and administers process strategies.
- Responsible for staffing at Signature Events; guides staff/volunteers and holds team accountable as appropriate.
- Reports to the VP of Membership on the success of each event including areas for improvement following the event.
- Reports to the VP of Membership on sponsorship fulfillment and provides a recap for review before sharing with sponsors.
- Oversees and co-manages a centrally located Events calendar, including information for all speakers, timeline/show-flow, and other departments, personnel, or events that are affected by changes to each event.
- Aligns event activities with the Vegas Chamber’s value proposition.
- Conducts internal team meetings to help secure program speakers and venues.
- Works closely with Marketing, Communications and Executive Business Administrator to request scripts, collateral, schedules, and any other sponsor items listed, ahead of deadlines and timelines.
- Oversees the management of the registration process at Signature events.
- Oversees ad hoc programs and projects.
- Assists the VP of Membership to develop and monitor Signature Event’s budgets, ensuring they meet quality and value standards.
- Leads by example and guides others toward achieving goals and deadlines.
- Fosters team spirit and cooperation.
- Mentors new and existing talent.
- Assists in all aspects of the department, including internal event set up and take down.
- Holds self to the highest level of professionalism and results.
- Assists the Manager of Member Events as needed or directed by the VP of Membership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred; knowledge of membership organizations is a must.
- 2+ years of experience building, leading and inspiring a team.
- Proven Track record of execution of events of all sizes (from 20-2,000 attendees).
- Excellent at collaborating; not afraid of big ideas.
- Strong listening, negotiating, presenting, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple events simultaneously and strategically.
- Experience in venue selection and contracts; strong knowledge of local venues.
- Proactive, energetic, and relentless to raise the bar on how business is done in Las Vegas.
Please submit your resume to Jim Andres at email@example.com.