The Voice of Business. Standing Up For You, Every Day.
Overall, the Vegas Chamber is the voice for your business in government. It fights for your business every day, actively developing and promoting policy positions on critical issues impacting the business community, as well as continuously asserting its role as the leading business organization in the state on your behalf at all levels of government.
Attend the 2021 Washington, D.C. Fly-In
Monday, Sept. 20 – Thursday, Sept. 23
We look forward to welcoming back our guests to an in-person experience at our annual Washington D.C. Fly-In, in partnership with the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance, from Sept. 20-23.
This year, Chamber and LVGEA members will have the opportunity to attend the Washington, D.C. Fly-In in-person or virtually to interact with our federal policymakers from the comfort of their home or office. The Fly-In will offer a variety of meetings with decision-makers and policy experts throughout the week and receptions to build relationships and strengthen existing connections with Congressional leadership.
Whether it is online or in-person, we are ready to give you an overview of the app, events, and answer any questions you may have about the policy meetings during our Fly-In this year. Most importantly, this will be a great opportunity to get to know your fellow chamber members attending the Fly-In either in person or virtually.
Early Bird Pricing/Registration Fees: Now – Aug. 1, 2021
$1,495 In-person Policy Registration per person
$649 Virtual Policy Registration per person
Early Bird Spouse Program Registration Fees: Now – Aug. 1, 2021
$895 In-person Registration per person
This does not include any of the policy briefing, think-tank discussions or congressional meetings.
Virtual attendance is not available for the Spouse Program.
The Vegas Chamber’s Government Affairs team:
- Promotes policy priorities that support the expansion of business and job creation
- Protects employers
- Commissions thorough, ongoing policy reports and research
- Furthers economic development initiatives and activities
A fundamental component of the Vegas Chamber’s mission is to advocate the views of the business community to our elected officials. This is done by engaging elected officials in meaningful policy discussions on your behalf. The Government Affairs team identifies, develops, and recommends policy to the Government Affairs Committee. The committee is a dynamic volunteer committee of Vegas Chamber leaders who meet monthly to guide the Vegas Chamber in its public policy positions, such as representing the best interests of business through candidate endorsements, contributions, and grassroots campaign support.
Government Affairs Team
The Government Affairs team keeps you informed of important issues facing your business through newsletters, policy reports, political events, and policy committee meetings. With more than 50 years of combined public policy and advocacy experience on staff, the Vegas Chamber’s Government Affairs team are experts in your corner every day. Feel free to reach out to the team with any questions you may have.
- Paul J. Moradkhan – Senior Vice President of Government Affairs
- David Dazlich – Director, Government Affairs
- Dylan Keith – Policy Analyst
- Erica Valdriz– Fundraising Coordinator
Government Affairs Committee Members
The Vegas Chamber’s legislative and policy priorities are developed by its Government Affairs Committee. This is a group of Vegas Chamber members who analyze issues and make determinations that guide the Vegas Chamber’s positioning on matters to promote fiscal responsibility at the state and local government levels, improve our education system, and strengthen the business environment and economy in Southern Nevada. The committee also makes decisions regarding endorsements of candidates and political contributions.
- Hugh Anderson – Chairman of Government Affairs Committee, Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees – HighTower Las Vegas
- Gina Bongiovi – Chair of the Board of Trustees, Bongiovi Law Firm
- Thomas J. Burns – Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees – Cragin & Pike, Inc.
- Michael Bolognini – Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Cox Communications
- Michael Britt – Red Rock Resorts, Inc.
- Mark Brown – Miracle Flights
- MaryKaye Cashman – Cashman Equipment Co.
- Tim Cashman – Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Cashman Companies
- Lisa de Marigny – Omni Limousine, Inc.
- J.T. Foley – Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- Betsy Fretwell – Switch
- Craig S. Galati – LGA Architecture, Inc.
- Debra Gallo – BizPAC Chair, Southwest Gas
- John Guedry – Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Bank of Nevada
- Keith Hansen – Allegiant Travel Company
- Dave Howell – Wells Fargo
- Karlos LaSane – Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Chad Leavitt – Findlay Automotive Group
- Lisa Levine – IGT
- Todd Mason – Wynn Resorts
- Meghan McLean – Fair, Anderson & Langerman
- Erin McMullen Midby – Vice-Chair, Boyd Gaming Corporation
- George F. Ogilvie III, Esq. – McDonald Carano Wilson LLP
- John O’Reilly – Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees, O’Reilly Law Group
- Damon Schilling – AMR/Medic West
- Greta Seidman – Brightline West
- Jennifer Simich – Republic Services
- Todd Sklamberg – Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- Judy Stokey – NV Energy
- Sasha Sutcliffe-Stephenson – MGM Resorts International
- Ted Wiens, Jr. – Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Ted Wiens Tire & Auto
The Rundown Newsletter: Legislative Session Edition
The Rundown is the Vegas Chamber’s way of getting you involved in all legislative happenings at the local, state and federal levels of government. This weekly digital newsletter will give you the inside scoop on what legislation the Vegas Chamber is currently working on, on the behalf of our Chamber members. Through this newsletter, you will learn about the bills we are supporting and opposing as well as how you can get involved in advocating for your business. Whether you are a legislative expert or just getting in the game, this newsletter will help you all the same. Gain a greater perspective of what the Vegas Chamber’s legislative stances are and what we are doing directly to support your business.
Feb. 5, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
Feb. 12, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
Feb. 19, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
Feb. 26, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
March 5, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
March 12, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
March 19, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
March 26, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
April 2, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
April 9, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
April 16, 2021 – Click here to read the newsletter
First-ever Washington, D.C. Virtual Fly-in 2020 - It's DC in LV!
The 2020 Washington, D.C. Virtual Fly-In awarded the 2020 Outstanding Chamber Program by the Western Association of Chamber Executives!
Thanks to all Vegas Chamber and Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance members who joined us for the first-ever Washington, D.C. Virtual Fly-in, held Sept. 14 to 17. Almost 100 members were “in the Zoom where it happens” all week, with dynamic speakers, engaging sessions and interactive tracks.
From keynote speakers such as Molly Ball and Frank Luntz to sessions led by U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Harold Kim to one-on-one time with the Nevada delegation, attendees were treated to the insight that they cannot get anywhere else.
Special thanks to Exclusive Presenting Sponsor Cox Communications, and all sponsors involved with the DCinLV Fly-in!
We are excited to get back to Washington, D.C. in 2021 and hope you can join us!View the 2020 Photo Album