The Voice of Business. Standing Up For You, Every Day.
The Vegas Chamber is the voice for your business in government. It fights for your business every day, actively developing and promoting policy positions on critical issues impacting the business community, as well as continuously asserting its role as the leading business organization in the state on your behalf at all levels of government.
Click Here To View Our 2019 Legislative Session Report!
On April 3, the Vegas Chamber led a 50-member delegation to Carson City for its Legislative Day. The team met with several lawmakers engaging in discussions about the challenges and rewards from this legislative session, and keeping small businesses at the forefront. Nevada thrives when Nevada businesses thrive; this special visit exemplified the Chamber’s one voice cultivating growth and prosperity – our purpose at the Chamber.
The Vegas Chamber’s Government Affairs team:
- Promotes policy priorities that support the expansion of business and job creation
- Protects employers
- Commissions thorough, ongoing policy reports and research
- Furthers economic development initiatives and activities
A fundamental component of the Vegas Chamber’s mission is to advocate the views of the business community to our elected officials. This is done by engaging elected officials in meaningful policy discussions on your behalf. The Government Affairs team identifies, develops, and recommends policy to the Government Affairs Committee. The committee is a dynamic volunteer committee of Vegas Chamber leaders who meet monthly to guide the Vegas Chamber in its public policy positions, such as representing the best interests of business through candidate endorsements, contributions, and grassroots campaign support.
Government Affairs Team
The Government Affairs team keeps you informed of important issues facing your business through newsletters, policy reports, political events, and policy committee meetings. With more than 50 years of combined public policy and advocacy experience on staff, the Vegas Chamber’s Government Affairs team are experts in your corner every day. Feel free to reach out to the team with any questions you may have.
- Paul J. Moradkhan – Senior Vice President of Government Affairs
- David Dazlich – Director, Government Affairs
- Carlos Fernandez – Policy Analyst
- Dylan Keith – Policy Analyst
- Erica Valdriz– Fundraising Coordinator
Government Affairs Committee Members
The Vegas Chamber’s legislative and policy priorities are developed by its Government Affairs Committee. This is a group of Vegas Chamber members who analyze issues and make determinations that guide the Vegas Chamber’s positioning on matters to promote fiscal responsibility at the state and local government levels, improve our education system, and strengthen the business environment and economy in Southern Nevada. The committee also makes decisions regarding endorsements of candidates and political contributions.
- Hugh Anderson, Chairman – HighTower Las Vegas
- Bob Ansara – Ricardo’s Restaurant
- Jay Barrett – The JABarrett Company
- Michael Bolognini – Cox Communications
- Bob Brown – Opportunity Village
- Mark Brown – Miracle Flights
- Thomas J. (Tom) Burns – Chairman Elect of the Board of Trustees – Cragin & Pike, Inc.
- MaryKaye Cashman – Cashman Equipment Co.
- Tim Cashman – The Cashman Companies
- Lisa de Marigny – Omni Limousine, Inc.
- J.T. Foley – Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- Craig S. Galati – LGA Architecture, Inc.
- Debra Gallo – BIZPac Chair – Southwest Gas
- John Guedry – Bank of Nevada
- Matt Hall – AutoNation
- Keith Hansen – Allegiant Travel Company
- Dave Howell – Wells Fargo
- Karlos LaSane – Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Lisa Levine – IGT
- Rod Martin – Majestic Realty
- Todd Mason – Wynn Resorts
- Erin McMullen – Boyd Gaming Corporation
- George F. Ogilvie III, Esq. – McDonald Carano Wilson LLP
- John O’Reilly – O’Reilly Law Group
- Randy Robison – CenturyLink
- Terry Shirey – Chairman of the Board of Trustees – Nevada State Bank
- Jennifer Simich – Republic Services
- Todd Sklamberg – Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- Judy Stokey – NV Energy
- Sasha Sutcliffe-Stephenson – MGM Resorts International
- Ted Wiens, Jr. – Ted Wiens Tire & Auto