The Vegas Chamber is the voice of business in Nevada and has been part of the community for more than 100 years. It is imperative that the business community’s interests – and concerns – are well represented. We must ensure that candidates are elected who understand issues vital to our business community and who are committed to working with the business community to develop sound policies that support economic and job growth.
BizPAC is funded by the generous contributions of Chamber members and allows the Chamber to advocate on behalf of your business.
- Helps elect business-friendly policymakers
- Works to pass laws that protect business
- Ensures your interests are kept in front of elected officials
Since 2007, 87% of candidates who received a contribution through BizPAC were elected. In addition, BizPAC contributions have helped the Chamber:
- Help pass the Fuel Revenue Indexing ballot measure to improve Southern Nevada’s roadways and transportation infrastructure.
- Successfully advocate for economic development initiatives, including the passage of Interstate 11.
- Help defend the business community against legislation and policies that are potentially harmful to the business climate in Southern Nevada.
- Defeat the onerous Margin Tax.
- Testify against increasing the state unemployment tax on businesses.
- Successfully advocate for major public policy changes in reforming Nevada’s public employee retirement and benefits program.
- Ensure timely and continuing representation in Washington, D.C. to fight harmful legislation and support pro-business legislation.
- Successfully work with policymakers in Carson City for transparency and accountability in the collective bargaining process.
Please note that contributions to BizPAC are voluntary and are not tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes. Some non-profit organizations and agencies may be prohibited from giving political contributions. Non-profit organizations should check with their tax preparer.
|BizPAC’s number one priority is to protect the way Chamber members do business.
$1,000 – Political Visionary
$500 – Policy Driver
$250 – Grassroots Activist
$100 – Business Advocate
INVEST ONLINE NOW!
You can also support BizPAC by attending Cocktails & Conversations, a fundraising event series for BizPAC, with 100 percent of your contribution going towards advocacy efforts on behalf of your business. Check the Vegas Chamber events calendar for dates.
Cocktails & Conversations is designed to give members the opportunity to engage directly with Nevada’s elected leaders while in a fun and relaxed social setting. As an attendee, you will hear first-hand from leaders sharing their thoughts about the issues impacting our state and the business community.