Empower the Experience – New Executive Women’s Council
The Las Vegas Chamber introduces the creation of the Executive Women’s Council. This new council was developed to create a network of female leaders equipped with the skills, insight, and passion needed to work collaboratively and to positively enhance the business community of Southern Nevada. The purpose is to elevate women’s careers to the highest levels in the workforce and community through training, mentoring and relationship-building. This program will provide useful tools to help women meet their career and life goals and will focus on community engagement.
Thanks to the generous sponsorship and collaborative support of our President’s Club Member, SCE Federal Credit Union, our exciting new Executive Women’s Council is on the way to a great inaugural year of empowering experiences.
Due to an overwhelming response, the 2019 Executive Women’s Council has reached capacity and is no longer accepting applications this year. Please check back in 2020 for new opportunities. We look forward to welcoming new applicants in the future!
Annual dues are $425 per council member; space is limited. Program sponsorships are also available. For more information, contact Member Engagement Liaison Grecia Small at 702.641.5822.
The first Executive Women’s Council event was a total success!
“Fearless. Fierce. Kind.” Just some words used at the first Executive Women’s Council event – a total success! Thanks to KLAS TV Channel 8 for hosting the “Women in Media” panel featuring 8 News Now’s GM Lisa Howfield and Weather Anchor Sherry Swensk Entercom’s Natalia Hernandez and LVRJ’s Carri Geer Thevenot for their insight and uplifting stories. Special thanks to Presenting Sponsor SCE Federal Credit Union Join this amazing group of fearless, fierce, kind female executives! Check out the event’s photo gallery.
Executive Women’s Council Steering Committee
- Honorary Chair: Mary Beth Sewald, President & CEO LVMCC
- Chair/Board Liaison: Victoria VanMeetren, Special Advisor to the Dean for Community Engagement at Roseman University of Health Science
- Colleen Birch, SVP Revenue Optimization, Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
- Tanya Murray, Realtor, ERA Brokers Consolidated
- Jacque Parker, Sahara Branch Manager, SCE Federal Credit Union
- Michelle Shelton, Chief Experience Officer, SCE Federal Credit Union
- Holly Silvestri, Principal, Ferraro Group Public Relations & Public Affairs
- Angel Williams, Community Relations Manager, NV Energy
Must be a member in good standing or become a member of the Las Vegas Chamber to join the Executive Women’s Council